With the holidays just around the corner many of us will be leaving our homes unoccupied for days. Debbie Reynolds shares excellent tips to keep the homefront safe while you're away.
How to Stay Safe During the Holidays
The holidays are almost here and that means traveling for many of us. Personal safety is on our minds more than ever before and we need to be on high alert especially this time of year.
Holiday shopping has begun, be on guard and keep your packages and personal belongings secure and out of sight. Be aware of your surroundings and don't be afraid to speak up or reach out and question if something doesn't feel or look right.
If Traveling over Thanksgiving:
- Ask a friend or neighbor to check on your home. Just driving by is not enough so ask the friend to check out the inside.
- Piled up mail is a dead giveaway someone is not home. Have a friend pick it up or ask the post office to hold it for you.
- Setting lights on automatic timers will give the appearance that someone is home. These timers are a small and safe investment.
- Don't Post your travel plans online. Criminals stalk these sites.
- Ask friends to not share your travel plans too.
- On your voicemail do not leave a message that you are away for the holidays. It is not their business tp know this.
Stay Safe During the Holidays
With proper planning and smart thinking, your property and you will remain safe and happy throughout the upcoming Holiday Season.
When you are ready to buy or sell real estate in Clarksville TN, I want to be your agent. Contact Debbie Reynolds at 931-320-6730.
2130 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.
Clarksville, TN 37040
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-771-9070 Office | 931-320-6730 Cell